Pohick Parish Episcopal Church
(Visited 30 August 2016) Built in 1774, this church building is hope to the Pohick Parish Episcopal Church where George and Martha Washington worshiped while at Mount Vernon. In fact, George Washington was a vestry member of the congregation for a number of years. Part of the history of the church includes Union Soldiers during the civil war occupying the building, taking things from it, and marking their names in the bricks and frame. The building continues to be home to a thriving congregation.